Latest NERRS News
This month, NERRA’s roving reporter Nik Charov spoke with Julie Binz, manager at the ACE Basin Reserve in South Carolina. They talked about confounding geography, environmental education, human dimensions, and a certain graduate program every wannabe-NERRd should know.
Reserves in the Media
- Giant 4-Foot Long Sea Creature Washes Ashore in Texas: (Mission-Aransas) February 2, 2023 – Field & Stream
- Biology Professors Granted $1 Million for Wetlands Research: (GTM) February 1, 2023 – The Villanovan
- To Best Fight Climate Change, ‘Blue Carbon’ Habitats Must First Survive It: (Elkhorn Slough) January 31, 2023 – PEW
- The 5 best road trips to Everglades National Park: (Rookery Bay) January 31, 2023 – Lonely Planet
- That’s a lot of sushi! Giant 4-foot eel washes up on Texas beach: (Mission-Aransas) January 30, 2023 – Study Finds
All Together Now
Click here to read the Latest Issue
When Wyvette Robinson heard about the Mission-Aransas Reserve’s Nurdle Patrol on Facebook, she was intrigued. Not only is plastic pollution a big deal for her organization, any opportunity to share new education tools and resources with Mississippi teachers and students gets her “pumped.”
As sea levels rise and the lands of the Chesapeake region sink, the residents of Deal Island are working with Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay Reserve to use natural infrastructure to defend their communities.